Saturday, February 18, 2016
JCC Klein Community Center
10100 Jamison Ave., Philadelphia PA 19116
Doors Open at 4:00 pm
All Styles Battles Start at 4:15pm
Show starts at 5:00 pm
$20 presale (Online only)
$25 at the door
Seating is limited. If all tickets are sold during presale, there will be no tickets sold at the door!
Prelude Philadelphia Social Media: When discussing Prelude Philadelphia 2017 on any and all social media platforms, please be sure to use “#Preludephiladelphia2017” and/or “#Preludephilly2017”
PRELUDE PHILADELPHIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRELUDE PHILADELPHIA SOCIAL MEDIA
D2D DARE 2 DANCE EMAIL: email@example.com
D2D: DARE TO DANCE SOCIAL MEDIA
|11:30:00||The RHEMiX (PHI)|
|12:00:00||Academy of Phresh|
|12:20:00||Onyx Dance Troupe (Lincoln U)|
|12:30:00||Clutch Collective (NJ)|
|12:40:00||Modern Demand Dance Crew (Trenton, NJ)|
|12:50:00||Flight Crew (New Freedom, PA)|
|1:10:00||Total Kaoz Kidz Krew (PHI)|
|1:20:00||Total Kaoz Krew (PHI)|
|1:40:00||Kozmic Edge (NYC)|
|1:50:00||The Breani Project (DC/NYC)|
|2:10:00||X-Tasee Dance Crew (Charlottesville, VA)|
|2:40:00||Break until doors open|
|4:15:00||All Styles Prelims-Top 32 (Showcase Battles)|
|5:10:00||Total Kaoz Kidz Krew (PHI)*|
|5:16:00||The RHEMiX (PHI)|
|5:24:00||Modern Demand Dance Crew (Trenton, NJ)|
|6:20:00||Onyx Dance Troupe (Lincoln U)*|
|6:26:00||Intermission – All Styles Top 16|
|7:00:00||The Breani Project (DC/NYC)*|
|7:06:00||Flight Crew (New Freedom, PA)|
|7:14:00||X-Tasee Dance Crew (Charlottesville, VA)|
|7:22:00||Total Kaoz Krew (PHI)|
|7:36:00||Kozmic Edge (NYC)|
|7:44:00||Clutch Collective (NJ)|
|7:52:00||Academy of Phresh|
|8:00:00||All Styles Finals|
|8:30:00||End of Show/ clean up|
|10:00:00||Complete exit of building|
Exhibition Registration Fee: $10 per dancer/per team
(New to Prelude Philadelphia! Each paid dancer will receive an official Prelude Philadelphia 2017 shirt designed by Stache Haus Clothing)
Roster: You will be shared a Google Sheet that you can edit. Please enter all dancers that will be performing on stage. This document will save automatically when ever it is revised. After the deadline you will no longer have access to edit, but you will still be able to view.
REGISTRATION FEE AND ROSTER DEADLINE: Friday, January 20, 2017
3 Ways to pay the Registration Fee:
1) VENMO: (preferred method to pay registration fee)
Download Venmo App via Apple Store or Google Play
– Search and add username @Prelude-Dance.
– Choose “Pay or Request” then enter the proper dollar amount ($25 per dancer).
– In the “What’s it for” box please include Prelude Philadelphia, team name, and number of dancers that you are paying for.
DO NOT THIS MESSAGE MAKE PUBLIC!!!
– Choose “Pay” to make transaction final
Make payment below.
|Please enter team name|
3) POSTAL SERVICE:
Make checks payable to “Prelude Dance Competition”.
Money orders, cashier’s checks, and business checks accepted. NO PERSONAL CHECKS.
ATTN: Tony Calub
Prelude Dance Competition
14035 Robin Crest Lane
Chino Hills, CA 91709
Please submit all materials by its due date.
Email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email your Team Bio and Photo by JANUARY 20, 2017
Email your music by FEBRUARY 13, 2017
Prelude is a competition rooted in the hip-hop genre. Various other dance styles may be incorporated into your team’s routine. The use of themes and props is encouraged, but not required.
NOT ALLOWED ON STAGE DURING PERFORMANCE:
*DAY OF SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. YOUR TEAM WILL BE NOTIFIED IF CHANGES ARE MADE.
11:00AM – Check-In Begins
All teams must check-in 90 minutes before their tech time. (Early arrival is highly encouraged to ensure that your team will not miss your tech!) Each dancer must bring photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, school ID, passport) to present at check-in. All dancers will be required to sign a Waiver/Release Form. Failure to check-in by your assigned time runs the risk of non-entry.
11:00AM-3:00PM – Tech Rehearsals
NOTE: The Competition and Tech Time Lineup will be e-mailed to all teams no later than February 13, 2017.
2:30PM – House Meeting
During the House Meeting, the Prelude Committee will go over rules not covered by the Runners, concerns raised during tech rehearsal, as well as answer questions. We encourage your entire team to be present and punctual at the House Meeting.
4:00PM – Doors open
4:15PM – All Style Battle Preliminaries Begins
5:00PM – Show begins
The back of the house will be reserved only for dancers with wristbands. Please do not take seats in the middle and front of the house.
Backstage Access Policy:
Backstage Access Wristbands must be worn at all times.
Only those with wristbands will be allowed backstage at any point during the day. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Only those who are listed on a Team Roster AND have paid the Registration Fee will be given Backstage Access Wristbands. They will also be required to sign a Waiver/Release Form on the day of competition.
• If a chaperone is required for a minor (under 18 years of age), please have the attending chaperone AND minor sign the Waiver/Release Form. All chaperones must be listed on the Team Roster and cleared prior to the day of the show or run the risk non-entry. (See Roster)
• Contact a Runner immediately if anyone on your team loses his/her wristband.
• Anyone caught without a wristband in the backstage/dressing room area by Event Security or Prelude Staﬀ will be asked to leave immediately and will not be allowed back.
• In order to minimize the possibility of backstage theft (which unfortunately has occurred at previous Preludes), this wristband rule will be STRICTLY enforced.
Is your team ready for Prelude Philadelphia 2017? Use this checklist to make sure! Reference this email on Day off just to make sure you have completed everything.
DAY OF PRELUDE: