Saturday, February 3, 2018
Farrington High School Theater
1564 N. King St.
Doors open at 4:00pm
All Styles Battle Prelims begin at 4:15pm
Choreo competition starts at 5:00pm
$20 Pre-Sale (Online)
PRELUDE HAWAII SOCIAL MEDIA
When discussing Prelude Hawaii 2018 on any and all social media platforms, please be sure to use “#PreludeHawaii2018”
BLANK CANVAS DANCE CREW SOCIAL MEDIA
Please read the following information carefully. For safety and liability purposes, dance team captains/directors are required to convey all below information to each of team members participating and/or performing on stage.
Prelude Dance Competition and Blank Canvas Dance Crew reserves the right to replace any team that does not submit the required materials by the deadlines below. If you have any questions, or concerns, or your team cannot meet a deadline due to an extenuating circumstance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Fee: $8 per dancer/per team
*The director/contact person whose name you write in Row 2 of the Roster will have his/her fee waived. Only one (1) fee waived per team.
Roster: You will be given access to a Google Sheet – please use it to list your roster. After the deadline you will no longer have access to edit, but you will still be able to view. You will also be required to sign a waiver form on the day of Prelude.
REGISTRATION FEE AND ROSTER DEADLINE: Friday, January 12, 2017
Ways to pay the Registration Fee:
VENMO: (Preferred method to pay registration fee)
Download Venmo App via Apple Store or Google Play
– Search and add username @Prelude-Dance.
– Choose “Pay or Request” then enter the proper dollar amount ($258mber of dancers that you are paying for.
DO NOT THIS MESSAGE MAKE PUBLIC!!!
– Choose “Pay” to make transaction final
Due to a major fee increase, credit card payment via Paypal is NOT an option anymore.
You may use Venmo. Venmo allows you to add your credit card as the primary funding source.
Download Venmo App via Apple Store or Google Play and follow the instructions below:
Once you add the card, you can set it as your primary funding source in your Settings → Banks and Cards.
Once you have added your credit card on Venmo, please follow payment instructions above.
Make checks payable to “Prelude Dance Competition”.
Money orders, cashier’s checks, and business checks accepted. NO PERSONAL CHECKS.
ATTN: Tony Calub
Prelude Dance Competition
14035 Robin Crest Lane
Chino Hills, CA 91709
BANK TRANSFER/ DIRECT FUNDS TRANSFER:
For this payment option, please contact Tony Calub: email@example.com
Please submit all material by its due date.
Email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email your Team Bio and Photo by Friday, January 12, 2017
Email your music by January 29, 2018
Prelude is a competition rooted in the hip-hop genre. Various other dance styles may be incorporated into your team’s routine. The use of themes and props is encouraged, but not required.
NOT ALLOWED ON STAGE DURING PERFORMANCE:
*DAY OF SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. YOUR TEAM WILL BE NOTIFIED IF CHANGES ARE MADE.
12:00PM – Check-In Begins
All teams must check-in 90 minutes before their tech time. (Early arrival is highly encouraged to ensure that your team will not miss your tech!) Each dancer must bring photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, school ID, passport) to present at check-in. All dancers will be required to sign a Waiver/Release Form. Failure to check-in by your assigned time runs the risk of non-entry.
12:30-3:30PM – Tech Rehearsals
NOTE: The Competition and Tech Time Lineup will be e-mailed to all teams no later than January 29, 2018.
3:00PM – House Meeting
During the House Meeting, the Prelude Committee will go over rules not covered by the Runners, concerns raised during tech rehearsal, as well as answer questions. We encourage your entire team to be present and punctual at the House Meeting.
4:00PM – Doors open
4:15PM – All Style Battle Preliminaries Begins
5:00PM – Show begins
The back of the house will be reserved only for dancers with wristbands. Please do not take seats in the middle and front of the house.
Backstage Access Wristbands must be worn at all times.
Only those with wristbands will be allowed backstage at any point during the day. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Only those who are listed on a Team Roster AND have paid the Registration Fee will be given Backstage Access Wristbands. They will also be required to sign a Waiver/Release Form on the day of competition.
• If a chaperone is required for a minor (under 18 years of age), please have the attending chaperone AND minor sign the Waiver/Release Form. All chaperones must be listed on the Team Roster and cleared prior to the day of the show or run the risk non-entry. (See Roster)
• Contact a Runner immediately if anyone on your team loses his/her wristband.
• Anyone caught without a wristband in the backstage/dressing room area by Event Security or Prelude Staﬀ will be asked to leave immediately and will not be allowed back.
• In order to minimize the possibility of backstage theft (which unfortunately has occurred at previous Preludes), this wristband rule will be STRICTLY enforced. Although, as a courtesy and convenience we do provide dancers with dressing rooms or areas to leave costumes or bags: BUT, PRELUDE DANCE COMPETITION, ITS HOST TEAM OR THE VENUE/THEATER IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGE OR THEFT OF PERSONAL PROPERTY OR ITEMS. IT IS ADVISED THAT YOU DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLE ITEMS IN YOUR BAG.
Is your team ready for Prelude Hawaii 2018? Use this checklist to make sure! Reference this email on Day off just to make sure you have completed everything.
DAY OF PRELUDE: