MORE INFORMATION TO COME!
Prelude San Diego: Next Gen Social Media: When discussing Prelude San Diego: Next Gen 2018 on any and all social media platforms, please be sure to use “#Preludesdng2018”
PRELUDE SAN DIEGO: NEXT GEN 2017 SOCIAL MEDIA
THE BOX DANCE STUDIO WEBSITE: http://www.theboxdancestudiosd.com/
THE BOX DANCE STUDIO EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE BOX DANCE STUDIO SOCIAL MEDIA
Registration Fee: $20 per dancer/per team
(Each paid dancer will receive an official Prelude San Diego: Next Gen 2017 Shirt)
Roster: You will be shared a Google Sheet that you can edit. After the deadline you will no longer have access to edit, but you will still be able to view.
REGISTRATION FEE AND ROSTER DEADLINE: Friday, March 17, 2017
3 Ways to pay the Registration Fee:
1) VENMO: (preferred method to pay registration fee)
Download Venmo App via Apple Store or Google Play
– Search and add username @Prelude-Dance.
– Choose “Pay or Request” then enter the proper dollar amount ($20 per dancer).
– In the “What’s it for” box please include your team name and number of dancers that you are paying for.
DO NOT THIS MESSAGE MAKE PUBLIC!!!
– Choose “Pay” to make transaction final
Make payment below.
3) POSTAL SERVICE:
Make checks payable to “Prelude Dance Competition”.
Money orders, cashier’s checks, and business checks accepted. NO PERSONAL CHECKS.
ATTN: Tony Calub
Prelude Dance Competition
14035 Robin Crest Lane
Chino Hills, CA 91709
Please submit all material by its due date.
Email all materials to email@example.com
Email your Team Bio and Photo by FRIDAY, March 17, 2017
Email your music by March 27, 2017
Prelude is a competition rooted in the hip-hop genre. Various other dance styles may be incorporated into your team’s routine. The use of themes and props is encouraged, but not required.
NOT ALLOWED ON STAGE DURING PERFORMANCE:
• Routine – Scoring range between 36-45
• Execution – Scoring range between 21-35
• Presentation – Scoring range between 1-20
See sample judges scoring sheet HERE.
Directors of each competing team will be given their team’s score sheets immediately following the competition.
*DAY OF SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. YOUR TEAM WILL BE NOTIFIED IF CHANGES ARE MADE.
12:00PM – Check-In Begins
All teams must check-in 90 minutes before their tech time. (Early arrival is highly encouraged to ensure that your team will not miss your tech!) Each dancer must bring photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, school ID, passport) to present at check-in. All dancers will be required to sign a Waiver/Release Form. Failure to check-in by your assigned time runs the risk of non-entry.
12:30-3:00PM – Tech Rehearsals
NOTE: The Competition and Tech Time Lineup will be e-mailed to all teams no later than March 27, 2017.
3:30PM – House Meeting
During the House Meeting, the Prelude Committee will go over rules not covered by the Runners, concerns raised during tech rehearsal, as well as answer questions. We encourage your entire team to be present and punctual at the House Meeting.
4:00PM – Doors open
4:15PM – All Style Battle Preliminaries Begins
5:00PM – Show begins
The back of the house will be reserved only for dancers with wristbands. Please do not take seats in the middle and front of the house.
Backstage Access Policy:
Backstage Access Wristbands must be worn at all times.
Only those with wristbands will be allowed backstage at any point during the day. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Only those who are listed on a Team Roster AND have paid the Registration Fee will be given Backstage Access Wristbands. They will also be required to sign a Waiver/Release Form on the day of competition.
• If a chaperone is required for a minor (under 18 years of age), please have the attending chaperone AND minor sign the Waiver/Release Form. All chaperones must be listed on the Team Roster and cleared prior to the day of the show or run the risk non-entry. (See Roster)
• Contact a Runner immediately if anyone on your team loses his/her wristband.
• Anyone caught without a wristband in the backstage/dressing room area by Event Security or Prelude Staﬀ will be asked to leave immediately and will not be allowed back.
• In order to minimize the possibility of backstage theft (which unfortunately has occurred at previous Preludes), this wristband rule will be STRICTLY enforced.
Is your team ready for Prelude San Diego: Next Gen 2017? Use this checklist to make sure! Reference this email on Day off just to make sure you have completed everything.
DAY OF PRELUDE: